Our vision, values and aims
We believe that safe and healthy mobility is everyone’s human right wherever we are; in cities, towns, villages or moving between places. We should all be able to move in a safe and healthy way, as part of our normal day. This means:
- on short journeys, it is normal, safe and healthy to travel in active ways, such as walking and cycling.
- on longer journeys, it is normal, safe and healthy to use transport we share with others and get to this transport actively, by walking or cycling.
- our vehicles serve our needs and don’t get in our way or poison the air we breathe. A death or serious injury on roads is a rare and unusual event..
Read our full vision and campaign agenda for safe and healthy mobility here.
- DO THE RIGHT THING – We champion proven solutions that: enable people to be safe and healthy; and that enable care for road crash victims.
- REACH HIGH – We demand and expect ambitious change in light of the gravity of the atrocities.
- WORK TOGETHER – We can all be part of the solution and we will work with everyone who shares our vision and values.
Our strategic aims (2020–2023)
- ACT AT THE TOP – We will call for people in charge to implement evidence-based policies and investments that progress us towards safe and healthy mobility and that help road crash victims.
- ACT LOCAL – We will help people to be champions for our cause, taking evidence-based actions: personally; within their communities and organisations; and at a national level too.
- SUPPORT ROAD CRASH VICTIMS – We will support people bereaved and seriously injured by road crashes on their journey to recovery; through evidence-based, quality services.